Thursday, March 14, 2013

Guilty addiction and amazing people

Today I watched the star of one of my guilty addictions, The Vampire Diaries, give an amazing interview with HuffPost live. Ian Somerhalder plays Damon Salvatore on the show and at one time played on Lost. (Sadly I don't remember who. Sorry Ian!) During his interview, he conversed with fans and answered several questions. The answer that most impacted me? His explanation of the environment. The trees as our lungs and the waterways as or cardiovascular. If you start chopping away and polluting them then none of us can breathe.

Now I'm generally not one to be impressed by actors and actresses. It is their job to fool people. I felt no such thing while watching Mr. Somerhalder speak. He was genuine when speaking with the fans. You could tell he truly enjoyed his time in speaking with them and the interviewer.

I started out watching the interview just to get my Damon fix but came out of it wanting to know more about Ian and his work. Not just his theatrical works; his charitable ones as well. I find myself wanting to know more about the ISF and what it helps. That is the kind of thing actors should be doing. Inspiring people.

So thank you Ian Somerhalder, for inspiring me to learn more. Also, for giving me a new take on what I saw as a glib industry. You have my respect.

Stay tuned for more on ISF.
~Rachel

No comments: